Post Graduate Program
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION- ENERGY MANAGEMENT
The MBA – Energy Management is a tailor-made, specially crafted Post-Graduate Degree programme which deals with a unique concept related to energy sector. It is one year duration program deals with energy markets, accounting and finance related energy, risk assessment in energy sector, developments in energy sector, different types of energy products.
Aims of the Programme
Shall be as follows:
- To impart necessary skills, knowledge and confidence so that graduates of this programme can take up leadership and managerial challenges and positions on Operational Excellence industries.
- To stimulate creativity and innovation
- To prepare them to handle situations of adaptability in the face of changing technology and a transforming society,
- To impute all-rounded attributes in Energy management
Objectives of the programme
The MBA Energy Management graduates trained in various concepts and tools in practical settings will be able to improve on the business process of the organization in energy sector.
Program Learning Outcome
The key learning outcome of this program:
At the end of the program, students shall be able:
- To possess necessary skills, knowledge and confidence in order to take up leadership and managerial challenges and positions on the global platform in industry.
- To demonstrate creativity and innovation in business and society
- To handle situations of adaptability in the face of changing technology and a transforming society,
- To practically and convincingly display all-rounded attributes in Energy Management
- Knowledge on Physical properties of crude oil, Transportation and storage economics, Crude oil refining, Exploration and production.
- knowledge on accounting concepts in energy industry, financial concepts in energy Industry, pricing of energy products.
- Knowledge on natural gas-Physical properties of natural gas, Global natural gas markets and economic fundamentals; coal-Physical properties of coal, Types of coal, units of measure, and heat content, Benchmarks, contract specifications and trading, Global coal markets and economic fundamentals Transportation.
- knowledge covered in Electricity Markets and Power Generation include the following: Properties of electricity, Types of power generation, Transmission and distribution, Electricity market economics, Base load, mid-merit, peak, and off-peak generation, Capacity factor, heat rate, and spark spread, Market data and price discovery } Investing in generating capacity, Electric energy markets and trading, Power pools (ISOs and RTOs) and bilateral trading, Contracts and structured solutions for energy markets Liberalized (deregulated) wholesale power market design, Energy markets (day-ahead vs. real-time) and balancing markets, Energy only vs. capacity markets, Ancillary services, Integration of renewable energy, Global electricity markets and economic fundamentals } Emission reduction programs and regulation
- Understanding the concepts of Financial Energy Products include the following: Physical energy commodity markets, Basis markets and pricing benchmarks, Fundamental price drivers, Physical versus financially-settled transactions, Structure and operation of OTC and exchange markets, Central clearing, Energy derivative contracts, Forwards and futures, Swaps, Options and real options, Hedging mechanics and cash flows, Global regulatory framework for financially-traded energy products.
- Skills of Quantitative tools for risk analysis, Energy commodity price formation
- Understanding the market risk valuation and management, credit and counterparty risk assessment, Principles for sound operational risk management, Evaluation and management of operational risk KRIs, KPIs. Liquidity/funding risk, Liquidity stress testing, Contingency funding, Cybersecurity, ERM frameworks and risk governance, Integration of risk management in strategic decisions, Economic capital frameworks and capital allocation, RAROC, Stress testing and scenario analysis Case studies in ERM implementation
||Energy Project Management
||Sales & Marketing
||Energy Accounting & Finance
||Natural Gas and Coal Markets
||Electricity Markets and Power
||Finacial Energy Products
||Risk Assessment and Energy Price Modelling
||Energy Risk Management
||Enterprise Risk Management Essentials