DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
The Ph.D. program prepares graduates for careers in teaching, research and consulting in various functional areas of business. Graduates of the program are expected to make significant contributions to the advancement of knowledge of business practices through research and consulting and to disseminate such knowledge through their teaching. The curriculum is designed to provide graduates with in-depth exposure to a specific business content area, sophisticated analytical methods.
Aims of the Programme
Shall be as follows:
- To impart necessary skills, knowledge and confidence so that graduates of this programme can take up leadership and managerial challenges and positions on the global platform in both manufacturing and service industries.
- To stimulate strategic thinking, creativity and innovativeness among the graduates.
- To prepare the students to handle situations of adaptability in the face of changing technology and a transforming society,
- To impute all-rounded attributes in Business
Objectives of the programme
The Objectives will be as follows:
- The PhD graduates trained in various concepts and tools in practical settings will be able to improve on the business processes of the organization.
- Graduates of this programme in their capacities as Business experts will be able to fine-tune the performance engine in various sectors.
- The graduates will be able to guide Business strategies in their various industries.
- To Master the analytical and methodological skills required to evaluate and conduct research in their area of specialization and related areas.
- To design and conduct original research in their area of specialization.
- To demonstrate the ability to communicate the results of their research in a clear and effective manner.
- To demonstrate an ability to work effectively with other people from various ethnic, educational, and work experience backgrounds.
- To demonstrate an understanding and concern for the high ethical standards in business research, teaching, and service.
- To demonstrate the ability to teach college-level courses in their area of specialization.
Program Learning Outcome
The key learning outcome of this program:
At the end of the program, students shall be able:
- To possess necessary skills, knowledge and confidence so that they can take up leadership and managerial challenges and positions on the global scene in all sectors of the economy.
- To demonstrate strategic thinking, creativity and innovativeness in all sectors of the economy.
- To handle changing situations requiring adaptability in the face of changing technology and complex environment in transforming society.
- To practically and convincingly display and possess all-rounded attributes and core competences in Strategic Management.